|Current Status: Da Iniziare|
|Course Type: Master||Level:|
|Start Date:||01/10/2019||End Date:||20/12/2020|
The Art of Managing Arts
The Master in Arts Management and Administration (MAMA) is a full-time, international, one-year program that is taught entirely in English and attracts students from all over the world.
MAMA aims to support artistic innovation and cultural development worldwide, by strengthening the leadership and management skills required for arts organizations to thrive.
Leveraging on Italian excellence in cultural heritage and artistic production, the program will strengthen your cultural background as well as your professional skills, which will allow your career to flourish.
Many Institutions in the fields of Heritage and Performing Arts are participating in the MAMA program with lectures, company visits, research projects and internships to students.
The strong relation between MAMA and its partners started with 10 founding partners which share the education project and increased months after months with new connections and agreements.
Program Structure and Calendar
Grand tour in Italy. In the second part of the program, students participate in a study tour of some of the most important cultural institutions based in Italy. The MAMA Grand tour gives participants an opportunity to understand a managerial perspective of Italian best practices in the arts sector. During the Grand Tour, participants will experience the strategic role of Italian culture at national and international levels, through visits and meetings with top practitioners.
• MAMA is organized with the support of Altagamma, an association of internationally renowned Italian companies operating in the high end of the market.
• MAMA has many Italian and International collaborating institutions that offer field projects to our partecipants.
What MAMA can offer you
• Solid foundations in management, including practical, creative and professional skills.
• Specific knowledge to operate successfully in the arts and culture sector.
• Direct contact with top Italian and International arts organizations and their leaders, who are often guest speakers in the program.
• A stimulating environment, focusing on an international market with a multidisciplinary approach.
• A dedicated arts management faculty, who has close ties with the arts world and the arts management community.
• The MAMA Grand Tour, taking you out of Milan to experience world-famous centers of Italian culture.
• MAMA Internships – a chance to work for one of MAMA’s main partners or collaborating institutions.
Benefits of choosing a Master in Arts Management and Administration
Excellence in the field and a powerful network
SDA Bocconi has formed several prestigious partnerships with leading arts and cultural institutions, which will not only lend their expertise and offer students valuable opportunities, but will also ensure that participants emerge with skills highly valued by the industry.
The MAMA Community of Practice will act as a reference point for the industry, bringing together practitioners from sponsoring companies and collaborating institutions with students and alumni for annual meetings on topics in arts management and to share best practices.
Training managers for the Arts
We designed this master to educate talented people with a passion for arts and to develop the managerial culture needed for the arts industry to achieve its desired level of excellence.
In the modern world, there are numerous tensions and trade-offs between ensuring the artistic integrity and the economic viability of arts organizations. The increasingly complex nature of these problems requires a specifically tailored managerial approach, which will have a fascinating cultural impact.
The program is aimed at young professionals, typically humanities graduates, who are already working in the arts and culture sector. They may have junior or middle management level positions in public sector and non-profit arts organizations, be involved in the organization of festivals or other cultural events, work for consulting firms dedicated to the arts, or be professionals (e.g. artists, lawyers, consultants) who want to transition to management positions in the arts and culture sector.
MAMA intends to advance your professional development, giving you a specialized managerial background and an entrepreneurial outlook, which will enable you to fill crucial positions in a wide range of organizations operating in the arts sector.
As a future manager in the world of arts and culture, Milano gives you exposure to a thriving and globally famous cultural environment, as well as being the perfect base to explore a country that has had a vast influence on art throughout its long and significant history. Whether the specific excellence of celebrated venues such as Teatro alla Scala in Milan, leading cultural festivals such as La Biennale di Venezia, or the many illustrious works of art to be found on a Grand Tour of Italy, each offers their own valuable lessons in the management and administration of arts. Immersing yourself in these experiences, with expert guidance and support from MAMA’s faculty, partners and guest speakers, will be exceptionally rewarding personally and professionally.
The Master of Arts Management and Administration is an intense full- time program.
Class sessions and case study analysis are accompanied by assignments, simulations, role-playing exercises, business games, company visits and field projects.
You will meet SDA Bocconi experienced Arts Management Faculty but also international visiting professors from leading business school from all over Europe and the U.S., as well as professionals, artists and executives in the field.
Attendance is mandatory, typically Monday through Friday from 8.30 am to 2.30 pm with a break for lunch. While in the morning you work in class, afternoons are spent in teamwork, exercises, business-case analysis, assignments, seminars, complementary courses (such as Italian classes) and other complementary activities (cultural development seminars, skills development seminars, coaching, public speaking exercises, etc.).
Therefore you can expect at least six hours of classroom activity per day, plus a few hours of study at home or on campus with your classmates. The SDA Bocconi campus is equipped with computers, printing/copying facilities, a library, databases and many study areas for groups and individuals. There is WIFI throughout and our IT department is available to assist you with any queries.
In addition, attending the many events taking place in Milan will give you a solid understanding of the unique challenges of managing arts and creativity.
Participants are also involved in a field project commissioned by partner institutions. The internship, which lasts at least 10 weeks, or the launch of a start-up in the arts sector, is mandatory and will enrich the learning process.
Scholarships & Tuition Waivers for the 2019-2020 MAMA edition will be available soon.
Candidates are required to have
- University Degree (or equivalent) in any discipline. Pre-courses are strongly recommended for students who do not have a business background or who do not speak Italian.
- International profile with at least two years professional experience.
- Fluency in English. Candidates whose mother tongue is not English are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or CPE result.
- SDA Test. Details on the SDA Test will be communicated by the Admissions Service once the pre-selection is complete.
- Admissions interview.
- FAI - Fondo Ambiente Italiano
- Musei Vaticani
- MUVE - Fondazione Musei Civici Venezia
- Filarmonica della Scala
- Fondazione Arena di Verona
- Balich Worldwide Shows
- Filarmonica della Scala
- Teatro Franco Parenti
The Career Advising is a dynamic meeting point for cultures and opportunities by offering counseling and dedicated services to MAMA participants.
Companies have access to:
- CV Book. We assist companies with their recruiting efforts by publishing a CV Book, which includes the CVs of MAMA participants. It is distributed directly to companies and is available on request from Career Advising. This is a key tool for companies seeking high potential individuals, and contains all the characteristics of students as well as information on MAMA and the School.
- Company Presentations. During the MAMA program, Career Advising arranges opportunities for participants to meet companies. Company presentations are the most important part of the recruitment process. The creation of personal connections while still enrolled in the program is fundamental for students and companies.
- Interviews. Interviews are organized by Career Advising on demand for candidates. This facilitates the process, both for participants and for recruiting companies. During this phase, Career Advising advises its participants on the best ways to manage the selection process.
The Master in Arts Management and Administration offers counseling and dedicated services to help our participants gain a better understanding of the job market and their strengths and weaknesses. This will help to facilitate personal and professional development throughout the Master Program and allow them to create a strong international network with the most exciting firms in the arts and culture sector, the Career Advising organizes the following activities:
- Networking Events
- CV Book
The program is developed throughout the year with targeted sessions, each supported by MAMA faculty or professionals in the field of human resource management. Some sessions are plenary with speakers or class exercises, other sessions are held on an individual basis.
The total fee is € 27.000 to be paid in four instalments.
The fees include:
- teaching materials (some text must be purchased separately)
- access to the School’s database and facilities
- courses in Italian language, with the possibility of attaining the CILS qualification of Italian language proficiency
- access to the Bocconi University Library and on-line database.
Master in Arts Management and Administration | SDA Bocconi
L'Hotel Diffuso Navigli offre ampi appartamenti in diversi edifici dislocati nella zona Navigli a Milano e dotati di aria condizionata, bagno, TV LCD e cucina completamente accessoriata.
Situato in una bella posizione vicino ai Navigli di Milano, il BB Navigli offre camere vivaci e moderne provviste di connessione Wi-Fi gratuita.
Situata nel centro di Milano, a 15 minuti a piedi dalla stazione ferroviaria di Porta Genova e a 200 metri dalle fermate di autobus e tram che collegano con il centro storico, la Residenza offre colorati appartamenti dotati di aria condizionata, TV...
Situato a Milano, a 4,7 km dalla stazione centrale e a 500 metri dai Navigli, l'appartamento Pavese Halldis offre un angolo cottura e la connessione internet su richiesta.
Dotato di camere pulite e confortevoli con Wi-Fi gratuita, l'Hotel La Vignetta si trova vicino all'Università Bocconi e gode di ottimi collegamenti in tram e metropolitana con tutte le zone di Milano.
La Residenza Bocconi offre appartamenti moderni con connessione Wi-Fi gratuita, a soli 2 km dal Duomo di Milano, a 3,5 km dalla Stazione Ferroviaria di Milano Cadorna e a 15 minuti di auto dall'Aeroporto Internazionale di Milano-Linate.
Situato nel quartiere Concetta, a 3 km dal centro di Milano, l'Hotel Mercurio dispone di camere con connessione Wi-Fi gratuita e bagno privato. Le sistemazioni della struttura sono dotate di TV e telefono.
Ubicato ad appena 3 km dal Duomo di Milano, l'Hotel Marte sorge a 12 minuti a piedi dalla stazione dei treni e della metropolitana di Romolo, e offre la connessione Wi-Fi gratuita nelle zone comuni.
Ospitato in un edificio di 4 piani, a 1,5 km dalla Stazione della Metropolitana Porta Genova, sulla linea verde, l'Hotel Milano sorge tra la zona Navigli e le principali università milanesi e offre la connessione Wi-Fi gratuita e moderne camere con...
Situato accanto al Naviglio Grande, nel più popolare quartiere della vita notturna di Milano, lo Yard Milano offre suite e appartamenti ultramoderni, dotati di connessione Wi-Fi gratuita e macchina da caffè Nespresso.
Situato a Milano, nella zona di Porta Ticinese, a 7 minuti a piedi dal vivace quartiere dei Navigli, l'Ostello Burigozzo 11 offre camere moderne con connessione Wi-Fi e parcheggio privato gratuiti.
Situata sulle rive del canale Naviglio Grande, la Maison Borella sorge nel quartiere milanese di Porta Ticinese. La struttura occupa un edificio del XVIII secolo e offre la connessione internet gratuita, un ristorante e camere con TV LCD satellitare.
Il Temporary House - Milan Navigli offre appartamenti a ristorazione indipendente con mobili moderni, situati in diverse località nella famosa zona milanese dei Navigli e facilmente raggiungibili tramite la metropolitana e il tram.
Situato a pochi passi dalla zona dei Navigli e dall'Università Bocconi, l'Hotel D'Este offre la connessione Wi-Fi gratuita in tutta la struttura e camere climatizzate con set di cortesia in omaggio.
Situato a Milano, nel quartiere dell'Università Bocconi, il Bocconi's Studio offre camere dislocate in tutto il quartiere, dotate di connessione Wi-Fi gratuita e di TV a schermo piatto.
Situato nella zona dei Navigli, a 10 minuti a piedi dalla stazione della metropolitana Romolo, l'Hotel La Spezia offre la connessione Wi-Fi gratuita, una sala colazioni all'ultimo piano e camere moderne con aria condizionata, TV satellitare e comode...