|Stato attuale: In Corso|
|Tipologia corso: Master||Livello: 1|
|Costo:||28.000 €||Durata a/mm:||0/12|
|Posti disponibili:||-||Crediti formativi:||-|
The Art of Managing Arts
The Master in Arts Management and Administration (MAMA) is a full-time, international, one-year program that is taught entirely in English and attracts students from all over the world.
MAMA aims to support artistic innovation and cultural development worldwide, by strengthening the leadership and management skills required for arts organizations to thrive.
Leveraging on Italian excellence in cultural heritage and artistic production, the program will strengthen your cultural background as well as your professional skills, which will allow your career to flourish.
Excellence in the field and a powerful network
SDA Bocconi has formed several prestigious partnerships with leading arts and cultural institutions, which will not only lend their expertise and offer students valuable opportunities, but will also ensure that participants emerge with skills highly valued by the industry.
Training managers for the Arts
We designed this master to educate talented people with a passion for arts and to develop the managerial culture needed for the arts industry to achieve its desired level of excellence.
In the modern world, there are numerous tensions and trade-offs between ensuring the artistic integrity and the economic viability of arts organizations. The increasingly complex nature of these problems requires a specifically tailored managerial approach, which will have a fascinating cultural impact.
The program is aimed at young professionals, typically humanities graduates, who are already working in the arts and culture sector. They may have junior or middle management level positions in public sector and non-profit arts organizations, be involved in the organization of festivals or other cultural events, work for consulting firms dedicated to the arts, or be professionals (e.g. artists, lawyers, consultants) who want to transition to management positions in the arts and culture sector.
MAMA intends to advance your professional development, giving you a specialized managerial background and an entrepreneurial outlook, which will enable you to fill crucial positions in a wide range of organizations operating in the arts sector.
To give you the chance to get to know SDA Bocconi and the MAMA Master, we organize every year online and offline events, visits to the School with the possibility to attend a lesson and individual meetings.
All opportunities to speak directly with management, teachers, alumni and staff.
Discover the events
What MAMA can offer you
• Solid foundations in management, including practical, creative and professional skills.
• Specific knowledge to operate successfully in the arts and culture sector.
• Direct contact with top Italian and International arts organizations and their leaders, who are often guest speakers in the program.
• A stimulating environment, focusing on an international market with a multidisciplinary approach.
• A dedicated arts management faculty, who has close ties with the arts world and the arts management community.
• The MAMA Grand Tour, taking you out of Milan to experience world-famous centers of Italian culture.
• MAMA Internships – a chance to work for one of MAMA’s main partners or collaborating institutions.
The Master of Arts Management and Administration is an intense full- time program.
Class sessions and case study analysis are accompanied by assignments, simulations, role-playing exercises, business games, company visits and field projects.
You will meet SDA Bocconi experienced Arts Management Faculty but also international visiting professors from leading business school from all over Europe and the U.S., as well as professionals, artists and executives in the field.
In the second part of the program, students participate in a study tour of some of the most important cultural institutions based in Italy. The MAMA Grand tour gives participants an opportunity to understand a managerial perspective of Italian best practices in the arts sector. During the Grand Tour, participants will experience the strategic role of Italian culture at national and international levels, through visits and meetings with top practitioners.
Participants are also involved in a field project commissioned by partner institutions. The internship, which lasts at least 10 weeks, or the launch of a start-up in the arts sector, is mandatory and will enrich the learning process.
MAMA wants to offer you solid foundations in management, including practical, creative, and professional skills, by creating a stimulating environment.
MAMA’s structure includes:
• CORE COURSES, aimed at developing the managerial and business knowledge and skills to work as a manager in the world of arts and heritage. You will address a wide range of topics, from foundational business to marketing and media-related issues, from art industry-focused to key additional topics such as fundraising, law, entrepreneurship, and consulting.
• SOFT SKILLS AND CONTEXT SEMINARS, to strengthened your soft skills and knowledge in order to bring value and success to your organization.
• MAMA GRAND TOUR IN ITALY, Immerse yourself in the world of art management by joining a unique 10-day Grand Tour Experience. Hosted by some of the most relevant Italy-based cultural institutions - such as Vatican Museums, Pompei Archeological Site, Teatro San Carlo di Napoli, Museo Opera del Duomo di Firenze, etc
• INTERNSHIP OR YOUR OWN START-UP, through internships, companies offer you the opportunity to develop an individual field project tackling real-life, complex problems by blending together knowledge and skills from different functional areas.
Borse di Studio
Every year SDA Bocconi makes available some partial merit-based tuition waivers to MAMA candidates with an outstanding profile.
MAMA participants have two things in common: a great passion for arts and a desire to further their career in this field by taking on more senior management roles.
Participants come from all over the world, are fluent in English and are between 25 and 35 years of age. The program is aimed at professionals, typically humanities graduates, who are already working in the arts and culture sector.
They may have junior or middle management level positions in public sector and non-profit arts organizations, be involved in the organization of festivals or other cultural events, work for consulting firms dedicated to the liberal arts, or be professionals (e.g. artists, lawyers, consultants) who want to transition to management positions in the arts and culture sector.
Candidates are required to have
- University Degree (or equivalent) in any discipline. Pre-courses are strongly recommended for students who do not have a business background or who do not speak Italian.
- International profile with at least two years professional experience.
- Fluency in English. Candidates whose mother tongue is not English are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or CPE result.
- SDA Test. Details on the SDA Test will be communicated by the Admissions Service once the pre-selection is complete.
- Admissions interview.
Many Institutions in the fields of Heritage and Performing Arts are participating in the MAMA program with lectures, company visits, research projects and internships for students. The strong relationship between MAMA and its partners started with ten founding partners and have increased month after month with new connections and agreements.
Mama Founding Partners and Collaborating Institutions
MAMA offers counselling and dedicated services to help you gain a better understanding of the job market and of your strengths and weaknesses:
• Individual Coaching
• Career Curriculum
• CV Book
• Student Clubs
Besides, any arts institution can collaborate with MAMA through internships, field projects, recruiting and research projects with the MAMA faculty.
The total fee is € 28.000 to be paid in four installments.
The fees include:
• Teaching material
• Courses in Italian language, with the possibility of attaining the CILS qualification of Italian language proficiency
• MAMA Grand Tour in Italy
Participants must provide their own laptop.
Master in Arts Management and Administration | SDA Bocconi
SDA Bocconi MAMA | Words from the Director: where art meets business
Percorso non trovato. Modifica il punto di partenza oppure il tipo di percorso.