|Current Status: In Corso|
|Course Type: Master||Level:|
|Start Date:||12/04/2021||End Date:||10/03/2022|
Add more value to creativity.
The Master in Fashion, Experience & Design Management (MAFED) is an intense, 1-year full-time program that is taught entirely in English and attracts students from all over the world.
MAFED provides robust management competences to participants who are willing to work in highly creative industries, where unlimited imagination needs to be combined with analytical skills, consistent strategies, and carefully targeted marketing initiatives.
What MAFED can offer you
- Receive specialized management education and tools in one of the top world’s fashion and design capitals, where many high-profile events take place every year;
- Interact with a dedicated F&D academic and professional Faculty;
- Learn about new trends and successful business models moving between fashion and design based industries and across segments, from luxury to fast fashion retailers;
- Get familiar with the opportunities to rely on digital environments in high-touch businesses;
- Visit the best fashion and design companies, including factories, showrooms, and flagship stores;
- Join an international network made of students from over twenty nationalities and almost 500 Alumni worldwide..
- MAFED is offered with the support of Altagamma, an association of internationally renowned Italian companies operating in the high end of the market.
- MAFED is an AACSB accredited Master program.
To give you the chance to get to know SDA Bocconi and the MAFED Master, we organize every year online and offline events, visits to the School with the possibility to attend a lesson and individual meetings.
All opportunities to speak directly with management, teachers, alumni and staff.
Discover the events
MAFED mission is to educate young multi-disciplined professionals for managerial roles within companies based on fashion and luxury, as well as providing a unique learning experience.
The program objectives are:
- to educate about the culture of result-oriented creativity;
- to expose to the variety and complexity of the fashion and design-based industries through guest speakers, company visits and field projects;
- to train international students about coping with the ongoing process of globalization of the industry;
- to provide tools for managing successfully symbol-intensive companies, through the tangible preservation of the intangible capital.
MAFED requires a full-time commitment.
The class schedule is as follows:
- Three morning sessions (8:30am - 10:00am; 10:15am – 11:45am; 12:00 noon – 1:30pm)
- One afternoon session (2:30pm – 4:00pm)
The majority of teaching takes the form of structured lectures, often supported by additional sessions. The lecture style tends to be participatory and lectures frequently incorporate case analysis and discussions. There are also required group work sessions, field investigations and individual research.
For students who do not have a business background, the program starts in November with Pre-courses. The purpose of the pre-courses is to establish and create a common managerial platform among participants. Subjects include:
• Basics of Management
• Quantitative Methods
Starting in April, courses in General Management allow participants to acquire methodological tools, which provide an in-depth understanding of the key concepts which every professional should be familiar with in order to manage a company. A specific focus will be on fashion and design based companies.
• Financial Reporting and Analysis
• Control Systems Management
• Fashion Marketing&CRM
• Corporate Finance
• Business Policy
• Data Analysis for Marketing Research
• Leading and Managing People
• Business Planning
Specialized Courses: Fashion, Design & Experience Management
Specialized courses provide an in-depth understanding of the key managerial processes in fashion and design based companies as well as in those where purchasing behavior depends on the value of the experience.
• Industry Analysis&Business Models in F&L
• Managing Design-Based Companies
• Managing Symbol Intensive Companies
• Managing Design-Based Companies
• Merchandising & Buying
• Supply Chain Management
• Go to Market: OmniChannel, Retail & Sales Management
• International Business
• Communication Management
• Managing Creativity
• Brand&Retail Management
Starting in December 2021, students will be expected to apply theories learned in class into real life. In-company group projects cover several corporate aspects and functions including brand positioning, pricing, entry into new markets, etc.
MAFED students must carry out a field project in a company, which represents a practical application of skills and knowledge obtained in classroom.
In-company group projects cover several corporate aspects and functions (brand positioning, pricing, entry into new markets, etc.). Projects are supervised by a SDA Bocconi professor and a company executive. Teams of two to five students spend eight weeks on a project. A presentation and full-report of final results must be drafted for the company.
Allow students to deepen knowledge on advanced topics and learn state of the art methodologies and tools on topics such as:
• Industry Analysis and Business Models in Jewels&Watches
• Visual Merchandising
• Corporate Strategy in F&L
• Corporate Social Responsibility in F&L
For MAFED 2021 SDA Bocconi made available 2 partial merit-based tuition waivers of up to €14,000 and 1 partial merit-based tuition waiver of up to €10,000.
Applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Analysis of the requirements indicated in the specific notice of competition
• Analysis of academic and professional record
• Results of the MAFED selection process.
MAFED is targeted at young, high-potential, International profiles, with some work experience (at the least two years; work experience in fashion and design-based industries is appreciated but not required). The students in a MAFED class represent over 20 nationalities.
MAFED is the Master for you if
- You aspire to take on a managerial role in a fashion, luxury or design-based company, or you are interested in developing your start-up in these sectors.
- You are interested in experience-products and want to work in businesses that create unique customer experiences
- You are looking for a program that gives you direct exposure to the industry world, where things happen
- You want to obtain a qualification that is in line with your objectives
- You want a recognized International Specialized Post-Graduate and Post-Experience Master, for International profiles with professional experience.
Candidates for the MAFED program are required to have:
- University degree or equivalent level qualification: candidates from disciplines other than business administration have to attend the pre-courses;
- International profile, with some work experience (2-4 years);
- Fluent English: candidates who are not of English mother-tongue are required to take the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or CPE;
- Italian language instruction: although the program is mostly in English, participants not fluent in Italian should take an Italian course for beginners during the first part of the program.
- SDA test and MAFED essay. Details on the essay and on the SDA test will be communicated by Admissions Service once the pre-selection is complete.
- Candidates may be required to have an interview with the program director either in Milan at SDA Bocconi or remotely (by phone or over the internet).
SDA Bocconi School of Management and YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP, the global leader in luxury fashion e-commerce, partnered for the development of digital education in the fashion and luxury sector. The result of this collaboration is the new course “Digital Strategy, Marketing and e-Commerce”, which also includes support from YNAP to a group of MAFED students in developing a field project. Additionally, several MAFED students will be placed within the Group’s internship programs after completing their academic program.
Joint specialized course on the Bain-Altagamma Monitor.
Baker & Mc Kenzie
IFM, Institute Français de la Mode (Paris, France)
ISEM, Instituto Superior de Empresa y Moda (Madrid, Spain)
UAL, University of the Arts London - London College of Fashion (London, UK)
Agreements with, IFM, ISEM and UAL have been established in order to enhance program contents by organizing seminars, sharing didactic material, creating a network among participants, and arranging joint visits.
The total fee is 34.000 €, to be paid in four installments.
Tuition fees include all teaching costs; internal teaching materials (some books are not included); visits to companies and institutions; courses of Italian language; access to Bocconi Library and on-line database.